Before you begin reading about our very successful passport photos Dublin service, we thought it would be good if John explained a little bit about what the process is when you get your photo taken with us. And remember, we're here to help if you ever get stuck.
Take it away John!
Comprehensive instant digital passport-photo service:
- Passport Photos
- Driving Licence Photos
- PSV Licence Photos: €12.50 for a set of 3
- American Passports and Other Nationalities
- Philippine Passport photos with blue background
- Taxi Licence photo Dublin.
All staff are trained to take passport-approved photographs. Photos are taken in store, printed to the correct size and trimmed as required, all within a few minutes (no appointment required).
Standard sized passport photos - €7.00 for a set of 6
Passport Online Photos (includes Code & 4 prints) - €11.00
Larger PSV Licence photos - €12.50 for a set of 3
WE PRINT PASSPORT AND VISA PHOTOS FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES
ALL OUR PHOTOS MEET SPECIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY EACH COUNTRY
Passport Photo Checklist
Poor quality photographs are the main reason why passport applications are rejected. All our photos at Lombard Pharmacy are passport-approved.
1. Include 4 identical photos, no more than 6 months old with the passport application
2. Make sure they meet the requirements (see below)
3. Get the witness for your application to write the form number (found on Section 9 of the application) on the back of two of your four photos. They must also sign and stamp the back of those two photos.
If you don’t make sure the witness signs, writes the form number and stamps on the back of two photos, you’ll have to submit a new application form and photos.
Passport Photo’s – the ‘do's’ & ‘do not’s’
• Centre your head in the photo
• Look directly at the camera
• No hair across your face or eyes as eyes must be clearly visible
• The background must be plain and light coloured
• Make sure your facial features are clearly visible, from the bottom of your chin to the crown of your head
• DON’T tilt your head up/down or left/right
• Keep your facial expressions neutral (no raised eyebrows, frowns)
• Keep both eyes open and your mouth closed
• DON’T smile
Glasses, head covers and clothing
• Do wear your glasses (if you normally wear them) but make sure there is no reflection on the lenses and the frames do not obscure your eyes
• DON’T wear sunglasses or glasses with tinted lenses, unless they are prescription
• DON’T wear a head covering unless it’s for religious reasons
• DON’T wear a hair band.
• DON’T wear a uniform, civil or military (e.g. showing epaulettes, insignia)
Passport photo requirements
The photos should show a close up of your face and the top of your shoulders so that your face takes up between 70% and 80% of the frame
• Minimum: 35mm x 45mm
• Maximum: 38mm x 50mm
Lighting and focus
• Photos must be in sharp focus and correctly exposed
• Shadows from the head must not appear in the background
• Good colour balance and natural skin tones are essential
• ‘Red eye’ in photographs is not acceptable
• A clear contrast is needed between facial features and background
• Photos must be printed on photo-quality paper at a high resolution
• There should be no ink marks or creases
• Digital enhancements or changes are not acceptable
• The reverse of the photos must be white and unglazed
• Black and white photos are recommended as they’re digitally printed onto the passport in black and white. But we also accept colour photos.
People with disabilities
If you have a disability that prevents you meeting all of these requirements, please contact:
Passport Office Dublin (Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade)
Top Passport Questions
Click the link below to go directly to a list of the top questions that people ask when they are getting their passports
Passport Turnaround Times
Turnaround times are estimates based on current averages – they are not a service delivery guarantee. If you are travelling in less than 15 working days, please make an appointment at the Passport Office in Cork or Dublin.
Type of Passport Applications
5 working days
An Post Passport Express Renewal Applications
16 working days
An Post Passport Express First Time Application, Lost/Stolen/Damaged Replacements
23 working days
Northern Ireland Passport Express Renewal Applications
17 working days
Northern Ireland Passport Express First Time Application, Lost/Stolen/Damaged Replacements
22 working days